[Cvsnt] How can you checkout or update only certain file types?

Terris terris at terris.com
Sun Dec 16 19:31:29 GMT 2001

It's a big job, but I suggest you move or at
least copy all of your IDL files into one directory.

I have a script that builds the
TLBs from all IDL files in a directory
if you're interested.

If you copy the IDL files rather than
move them, then will have a synchronization
problem, but my feeling is that's a small price to
pay for separating implementation from interface.

"Bill Rust" <brust at symyx.com> wrote in message
news:434B90BC7B0F2C45945D653A6B4C5F3932659F at XENA2000.symyx.com...
Is there a way to use the checkout or update command to only retrieve files
from the repository that are of a certain type?  In my company, not all
developers need to compile all the source code.  Usually, they only need to
compile the interface definition (*.IDL) files to create type libraries
which they can import into their own projects.  Unfortunately, these files
are scattered throughout the source code hierarchy, so it isn't as simple as
retrieving a single directory.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!
Bill