[Cvsnt] TRIGGER Commit and Export

Franck Marchand marchand2.franck at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 17 10:51:16 GMT 2001

Hi all

How can I do to export a module after a commit ?

I've seen in the documentation that it's possible to trig a script which start a background process to do the export.
Like this, the export is not blocked by lock files. It works fine with linux thank to '&'.

But how can I do the same thing with windows ?

I tried to create a C program which use the function CreateProcess to trig a Cvs Export command.
And it works fine if I'm in Local mode, If I change to Pserver mode, it doesn't work :
the commit finish well whereas the C program doesn't do nothing.

I try with this :

 //cvs -s Cmd=-I export -kv -D now -d ExportTestWin TestWin > test07
 if(!CreateProcess(NULL, "ExecuteExport.cmd", NULL, NULL, TRUE,
   CREATE_DEFAULT_ERROR_MODE | CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE, NULL, NULL, &StartInfo, &Process))
 {
  i=1;
  // Erreur au lancement du programme
 }

The file 'ExecuteExport.cmd' contains :
cvs -s Cmd=-I export -kv -D now -d ExportTestWin TestWin > test07

==>The file 'test07' only are created.

(Sorry for my english)

Thank you for your help.
Bye