Antwort: [Cvsnt] Help needed with cvsnt client access

Peter.Prokesch at wetzer.endress.com Peter.Prokesch at wetzer.endress.com
Mon Dec 17 11:03:18 GMT 2001

I had the same Problem with Win CVS 1.3.  Problem with  Authentication "ntserver" in
my case was, that WinCVS 1.3 adds an "@" to the CVSROOT variable (which is an error)
-> e.g. "@server:f:/user/cvs-dir". What you have to do: delete the "@" in the
CVSROOT-setting in the Import settings, then it should work properly. Anyway, as
WinCVS1.3 is still beta, I would suggest to use 1.2 as basis and 1.3 just as a test
version.

Peter

                    "CALAMINICI,PAO
                    LO                     An:     cvsnt at cvsnt.org
                    (HP-Italy,ex1)"        Kopie:
                    <paolo_calamini        Thema:  [Cvsnt] Help needed with cvsnt client access
                    ci at hp.com>
                    Gesendet von:
                    cvsnt-admin at cvs
                    nt.org

                    17.12.2001
                    11:44

Hello,
I've had some problems using CVS NT Server (ver. 1.11.1.2) and on the client
side WIN CVS 1.3 (beta version).
I wasn't able to configure the client in order to access the remote
repository (it's on f:\cvs).
The server machine is on an NT domain different from the client machine
domain: is that a costranint for CVS to work properly?
I also set a DEVELOPERS group on the server machine adding a valid user for
the client.
Yet I can't operate on the remote repository also for simple action like
creating a new repository or exporting an empty module.
Any suggestion?
Regards
Paolo

PAOLO CALAMINICI