[Cvsnt] CVSRootChanger for Windows

Henrich Deppenmeier hdeppenmeier at gmx.de
Wed Apr 3 16:02:37 BST 2002

Hi !

I noticed some people having the wish to change the cvs\root file contents
of a existing folder structure. It's nothing big, but I made a small program
for this purpose for our internal use.

Feel free to download it at
http://people.freenet.de/hdeppenmeier/CVSRootChangerExe.zip , the (Delphi)
source can be found at
http://people.freenet.de/hdeppenmeier/CVSRootChangerSrc.zip, and a
screenshot can be found at
http://people.freenet.de/hdeppenmeier/CVSRootChanger.jpg.

The usual disclaimer (commit all your changes, backup your files, use at
your own risk, etc.) applies.

Just a word to all 'pure cvs' fans : Yes, I know that committing changes,
deleting your module on the harddrive and checking it out again is the
'better' way to do it.
But as we had to switch our servername, we would have to do that for a
larger amount of projects on a larger number of computers.

And another word about my favorite cvs frontend WinCVS : No, I could not get
the macro for changing the root to work. That's perhaps due to the fact that
I refuse to install complete tcl packages or python on every computer in our
company. I'm still working with a tcl81.dll copied to every WinCVS
installation folder and we will try to stick to WinCVS 1.4b4 as long as
possible for that reason.
(I really dislike the changes that happened between 1.4b4 and 1.4b6 because
they render the existing tcl scripts useless for my configuration and try to
force me to install a 10+ MB Python package on every computer).

Have a nice day,

    Henrich.