[Cvsnt] Windows 2000 /ntserver problems and other minor issues

Anthony Williams anthwil at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Apr 9 11:38:38 BST 2002

I have just upgraded my system to Windows 2000 from Windows NT. I am getting
periodic problems with CVSNT where it is unable to create a named pipe for
ntserver protocol. Stopping and restarting the service clears the problem.
Any ideas?

Also, I just noticed that when returning the path for the RCS file, the
server includes the repository prefix (d:/cvsrepo in my case), where I would
expect the path to start with the repository location specified in the
CVSROOT - e.g. for :ntserver:anthwil-2:/cvsroot, I would expect the files to
be listed as /cvsroot/mymodule/myfile.cpp rather than
d:/cvsrepo/cvsroot/mymodule/myfile.cpp

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Software Engineer, Nortel Networks Optical Components Ltd