[Cvsnt] windows 2000, ntserver and named pipe error 64

Anthony Williams anthwil at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Apr 16 09:56:48 BST 2002

"Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote in message
news:3cb7151f.2741412921 at news.cvsnt.org...
> Hmm,
> the timeout problem reminds me of another similar networking problem I
> have seen on W2000 (described in another posting).
> I would be very interested to hear if the fix described below has any
> influence on this behaviour. Could one of you who see this problem
> kindly apply the fix and report back the result?
>
> Fix description:
> Open RegEdit and go to key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters
> There is a DWORD item named 'autodisconnect' which has a default value
> of 15 (minutes).
> If you change this to say 60 and restart your machine I wonder if the
> reported time until the disconnect happens is increased to 60 minutes?
> Really the easiest way to test it may be to *reduce* the time in the
> registry to 3 or so and then wait for 4-5 minutes before a renewed
> test is done.

This doesn't fix the problem. There is a related registry value "Disc" in
the same key, which also defaults to 15, and is the number of minutes to
allow an idle connection, so I will try that next

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Software Engineer, Nortel Networks Optical Components Ltd