[Cvsnt] Error - Could not open local administrators SID

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Apr 15 20:48:39 BST 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:32:42 +0000 (UTC), Tuomas Kiviaho
<tuomas_kiviaho at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've read Bo Berglunds instruction and im still getting nowhere. I'm
>getting the following error at checklist point number 9.
>
>cvs passwd -a <admin>
>Adding user <admin>@pc40152
>New password: ********
>Verify password: ********
>cvs [passwd aborted]: reading from server: error -1
>
>And when I try to add myself to the system.
>
>cvs admin -a <admin>
>cvs admin: Could not open local administrators SID
>cvs [admin aborted]: usage is restricted to repository administrators
>
>Im using Finnish WinNT, where Administrators group has been renamed to
>J=E4rjestelm=E4nvalvojat.
>
>I interpreted a litte bit of cvsnt/src/admin.c and there were some
>indication that the problem might have something to do with OS
>internationalization.

OK, I make a habit of ONLY using US English versions of Microsoft
operating systems in order to avoid localization issues. So my tips
are solely tested on US English NT4, W2000 and XP-Pro.
In some rare cases also the odd NT box in Swedish may have been
tested. All work well.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)