[Cvsnt] Error - Could not open local administrators SID

Tuomas Kiviaho tuomas_kiviaho at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 15 19:32:42 BST 2002

I've read Bo Berglunds instruction and im still getting nowhere. I'm
getting the following error at checklist point number 9.

cvs passwd -a <admin>
Adding user <admin>@pc40152
New password: ********
Verify password: ********
cvs [passwd aborted]: reading from server: error -1

And when I try to add myself to the system.

cvs admin -a <admin>
cvs admin: Could not open local administrators SID
cvs [admin aborted]: usage is restricted to repository administrators

Im using Finnish WinNT, where Administrators group has been renamed to
Järjestelmänvalvojat.

I interpreted a litte bit of cvsnt/src/admin.c and there were some
indication that the problem might have something to do with OS
internationalization.