[Cvsnt] Branches and tags lost in the repository

Sergei Chernov sergei_cv at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 6 09:48:16 BST 2002

I have a module in a repository containing about 100 directories and 2000
files. There is a tag in the repository and a branch created from this tag.
I use WinCVS for module import, update, commit and other common CVS
operations.

Recently, while executing log commands, CVS started compaining about unknown
tags. I looked into files that generated warnings and found out that,
indeed, they lost all the tags and branches they have. Yes, as simple as
that - at some unknown point all the tags and branches simply disappeared
from some ,v files in the repository.
Any ideas?

PS: I am using WinCVS 1.3.8.1 Beta 8 (Build 1), CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build 57f),
runing on Win2K SP2.