[cvsnt] cvs installation

Janusz Racz janusz.racz at mail.goecon.net
Tue Aug 6 16:51:00 BST 2002

Hi Folk,
I have problems with adding new users. I tried the following combinations:

1) cvsroot was set to :ntserver:myserver_name:/TEST
I typed: "cvs passwd -a newUser"
after the prompt for the new password I typed it and confirmed. Then I got the message: cvs [server aborted] only administrators can add or change anothers password.

2) then I set cvsroot to :pserver:myserver_name:/TEST and tried again to add a new user: "cvs passwd -a newUser". I received same message:
cvs [server aborted] only administrators can add or change anothers password.

What I missed? I feel I should login as cvs administartor and then to add a new user, however I tried all combinations (on ntserver and pserver) and always something was wrong. Can anybody help me?

Janusz

Sent via the Econ WebMail system