[cvsnt] Strange pserver behaviour

Kevin Jones kevinj at develop.com
Thu Aug 8 15:17:59 BST 2002

I've just installed cvsnt 1.11.1.3 (I was using 1.11.1 previously).
I've created a repository prefix of d:\home\cvshome and a root of
/terra. I'm trying to use pserver to get to this.
I have a passwd file that contains users kevinj and administrator.
I can connect using administrator with the password set in the passwd
file, but if I connect using kevinj I get 'no such user'
However I can connect with 'Kevin Jones' which is my windows user name,
if I pass my windows password.
Note that for the administrator account I need to CVS password (not the
windows pwd)

This is running on Windows XP with wincvs 1.3.8.1beta8. In the past I've
never needed to use the windows accounts only the CVS accounts, is
1.11.1.3 different or do I need a magic (or not so magic) incantation to
use the CVS users in the passwd file?

Thanks,

Kevin Jones
Developmentor