[cvsnt] Add files from a branch to another...

Luis Pinho lspinho at montepiogeral.pt
Thu Aug 8 11:39:28 BST 2002

Hi There,

   We've got several branches, each one represents, a stream of development.
The first one it's where people test their classes in a simple environment
(one server, one VM), the second one represents a more complicated
environment (more close to the real deal, the real world), with several
application/web servers and the last one is the final environment, the real
world.

  By using this organization we can, in a gradual way, test the classes that
we develop without messing up the real world (already visible to the outside
world).

  A class can only reach the last environment if all runs well in the
previous enviroments...

  Now the CVS part:

        I want to be able to copy a file/directory,  from one branch to
another and keep track from what branch it came, is this possible?

  If I cannot do it directly, can I do it in several steps? And if this is
not possible what's your advice of how to do this?

Thanks CVS Gurus :)

 Luís Pinho