[cvsnt] intermittent "waiting for Unknown User's lock"

Khaled Agrama kagrama at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 19:17:27 BST 2002

Various people on my development team have been getting the message "waiting
for Unknown User's lock" intermittently.  After waiting for a few minutes,
the problem goes away.  No one seems to have explicitly locked any files.

In one case a developer got a message "waiting for [username]'s lock ..."
where [username] is one of our users.  After speaking with that user I found
that the only thing he had done was cancel a long update operation about an
hour before.

I've tried to look up information on this issue within this newsgroup and
online FAQ's but haven't found anything that seems to be relevant.

Any further insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Khaled.