[cvsnt] Crash with CVSNT at client side !

Koen no at ssppaamm.com
Tue Aug 27 16:28:49 BST 2002

Alright: just noticed a reproducable crashing bug (can't
help it, sorry):

cvs -d :pserver:yourusername at server:repository login

--> asked for password + login OK

cvs -d :pserver:yourusername at server:repository passwd

--> immediately crashes!

Context:
unhandled exception in
MSVCR70!7c014105()
CVS!0047b60f()
KERNEL32!77e9ca90()

System:
- on Windows2000 SP2 (+ all latest critical updates)
- using TortoiseCVS Version 1.0.0 (shows that it's using CVSNT 1.11.1.4
Alpha 1 (Build 60) when typing cvs -version at the command prompt in the
TortoiseCVS directory)
- server running CVSNT 1.11.1.3  (Build 57d)
- using pserver protocol

All else seems to be OK though (I can update /
commit / branch / ...)

What is going on here?
What is the cuurent stable combination of TortoiseCVS + CVSNT (which version
should I use for each of the two)?
Do I need to replace the version of cvs.exe (in fact CVSNT 1.11.1.4 Alpha 1
(build 60))  shipped with TortoiseCVS 1.0.0 with a newer cvs.exe?

Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of the trouble with these CVS
administrative things (I really need to do some development instead of
trying to solve crashing bugs in my tools). I write bugs as well, and these
need to get solved too, you know ;-))

Koen