[cvsnt] corrupted checkout files once in a while...

arnaud versini arnaudv at whitepj.com
Thu Aug 29 19:14:07 BST 2002

> Try to take CVS out of the loop - use something like FTP to transfer
> known files across between the server and client and see if they are
> corrupted (md5sum will come in handy here).  Large files are preferred
> as they increase the likelyhood of errors manifesting.
>
> If you find a problem then you can start swapping hardware around.
>
> The other thing that could cause it would be hard drive failure, but
> I'd expect that to affect your entire system not just cvs.
>
> Tony

Well, I've been using this hardware for some time now, without any problem
at all... Regarding the network or the drives I mean.
I've transfering files in and out and never had to face any corruption
issue.

But since my problem seems to be unique, I guess it IS really something on
my side :(
It looks like a memory problem with cvsnt to me... and with that, it could
work like a charm until some weird config mess it up.

I'm really stuck. I don't know what to do :((

Arnaud