[cvsnt] Problem adding users

Zazueta, Robert RZazueta at academyart.edu
Thu Aug 29 19:10:07 BST 2002

I've installed CVSNT on a box running Win2K with SP3 and followed all ofthe
steps verbatim through to Step 9. It's here that I'm experiencing a problem.
I try to add myself tot he passwd list using the ntserver protocol as
suggested using my local box name (NOT localhost). I've tried to add myself
using my NT user name using both the normal username and domain/username
formats. Here's the command I've used:

	c:\ set cvsroot=:ntserver:robsbox:/test
	c:\ cvs passwd -a domain/rzazueta

Also tried:

	c:\ cvs passwd -a rzazueta

In both cases, after entering a password twice, I get the following response
from CVS:

	cvs [server aborted]: Only administrator can add or change another's
password.

Now, I know that I'm an administrator on my machine and to my domain, though
I believe there may be some restrictions (no idea what they are, but I can't
run the event viewer on my machine due to "policy restrictions"). I was able
to checkout CVSROOT and added an admin file there listing my username sans
domain and checked it back in without hassle. This did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rob Z.