[cvsnt] invalid change text over and over again

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Dec 3 10:21:51 GMT 2002

Lionello Lunesu wrote:

> Hi..
>
> We are getting many "invalid change text" errors lately. These started 1
> week ago when we installed a dedicated build server with the latest (build
> 62) cvsnt.
>
> The build server occasionally updates the modules and increments a version
> number if any API header files have changed. This version number is in a
> header file itself and the build server edits&commits this file
> automatically. In fact, there are a couple of these files and it's mostly
> these files that give the "invalid change text" errors..

Never seen this...  There was someone reported something odd a while back
but that's probably unrelated (they were getting no change text at all, on
any version of cvs).

The RCS file you've posted looks fine.  The first revision doesn't have any
kind of change data as it's a stored literally.  I'll run it through a
couple of versions of cvs here to see if I can make it fail.

Presumably your server & repository are on the same machine, stored on NTFS
(ideally), etc.?