[cvsnt] invalid change text over and over again

Lionello Lunesu lionello.lunesu at crystalinter.remove.com
Tue Dec 3 11:02:34 GMT 2002

Hi,

> The RCS file you've posted looks fine.  The first revision doesn't have
any
> kind of change data as it's a stored literally.  I'll run it through a
> couple of versions of cvs here to see if I can make it fail.

Well, it's failing right now with build62 client + server. What happens if
my local file is 'corrupt' and cvs tries to merge? Will it simply see the
file as modified and apply any changes nonetheless? (I'd guess so.)

Why is the head revision literally in the ,v file? The head file is already
in the same dir, right?

> Presumably your server & repository are on the same machine, stored on
NTFS
> (ideally), etc.?

Yeah, they are.. the build server is using :ntserver: now (we used :pserver:
just to test). Would it be better to use :local: or something? (for some
reason I don't turst that.) Clients on the net use :pserver: over VPN, also
the locking server was enabled (and the config adapted).

Lionello