R: [cvsnt] Problems with LockServer

Alberto Barbati abarbati at ubisoft.it
Wed Dec 4 17:07:55 GMT 2002

> LockServer is designed to get around this, and will release locks
> immediately the server process dies.

I understand that and I know it may sound very strange to you, but still it
doesn't seems to work correctly on my setup...

> It's possible that the servers are taking a long time to clear the
> temporary directories after the connection has finished.  This could
> happen if you had Temp on a slow or network drive, especially if you
> committed large numbers of files.

The temp directory is on the same local drive as the repository. Could you
make an estimate of the delay I have to expect before the lock is released?
I tried waiting for more than 10 minutes, without success.

Alberto