[cvsnt] Problems with LockServer

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Dec 4 17:11:10 GMT 2002

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:47:45 +0100, Alberto Barbati
<abarbati at ubisoft.it> wrote:

>cvs server: [15:21:52] waiting for Unknown User's lock in C:/cvs/somedir
>
>and restarting the LockServer does not help anymore. I am completely locked
>out of the database. I switched back to version 57j, but to no avail.

Are you sure you're actually using LockServer?  LockServer doesn't
store any persistent data - if you shut it down you lose all the
locks.

Also, lockserver never returns 'Unknown User' as the name - that's
only a return value from the filesystem locks (it never needs to -
Lockserver always knows exactly who set the lock).