[cvsnt] Re: SSPI encryption not working

Phil Dye phil.dye at alchemydigital.com
Thu Dec 5 10:45:07 GMT 2002

"Phil Dye" <phil.dye at alchemydigital.com> wrote in message
news:asn7gt$ngd$1 at sisko.nodomain.org...

> What's really odd is that it won't even work from the server (as a client)
> to itself with -x enabled, but fine without, so I'm pretty sure this is an
> _encryption_ issue, rather than an authentication one.

I know little/nothing about Windows app debugging, so forgive me if this is
no use, but I've managed to ascertain that the server cvs process is causing
an access violation and dumping via Dr Watson. I have the drwtsn32.log and
user.dmp files if they're of use to anyone. From tracing the process with
the sysinternals.com FileMon tool, it seems to fire up, load the various
_protocol.dll files fine, then the CVSROOT/config and CVSROOT/passwd files,
and then dies.

Again, without -x on the client, this is all fine.

--
phil