[cvsnt] Re: SSPI encryption not working

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Dec 5 12:01:05 GMT 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:45:07 -0000, "Phil Dye"
<phil.dye at alchemydigital.com> wrote:

>I know little/nothing about Windows app debugging, so forgive me if this is
>no use, but I've managed to ascertain that the server cvs process is causing
>an access violation and dumping via Dr Watson. I have the drwtsn32.log and
>user.dmp files if they're of use to anyone. From tracing the process with
>the sysinternals.com FileMon tool, it seems to fire up, load the various
>_protocol.dll files fine, then the CVSROOT/config and CVSROOT/passwd files,
>and then dies.
>
>Again, without -x on the client, this is all fine.

Do you have anything else on the server that could be interfering?
Antivirus/Firewall/etc?

I'm not sure what could go wrong...    Dr Watson is pretty useless for
debugging, unfortunately.  I've put in a couple of extra checks in the
code but w/o being able to crash it myself I'm just shooting in the
dark really.

Presumably you don't have access to a copy of visual studio or
anything like that?

(I'll have to see if I can make the release builder generate .DBG
files somehow)