[cvsnt] remote checkout fails to complete

Paul St. John pstjohn at visible-bytes.com
Thu Dec 5 14:37:08 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've just recently installed cvsnt (build 62) on NT SP6.
I'm using the pserver protocol (for initial testing and
going to move to more secure protocol later).

There are 2 clients, both using WinCvs 1.0.6.  One is
on the same network as the server and the other is
connecting over the internet (I've opened ports 2401
and 2402 on my firewall).

The client on the same network is able to checkout modules
without difficulty (I've set up the CVSROOT field in the
WinCvs preferences to use my external ip - e.g.,
myusername at xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:/repsoitory to more closely
resemble the remote client).

The problem is that the remote client will get part way
through the checkout and then simply stop getting more
files.  There is a cvs.exe process running on the server,
that started when the remote user connected, but it is
not consuming and CPU cycles.

When the remote user shuts down WinCvs the cvs.exe process
spikes in activity and then also goes away.

Any ideas as to what is causing the problem?

Thanx in advance,
-psj.

Paul St. John
Vice President