[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT reuses same PID....

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Dec 17 11:57:35 GMT 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:41:57 +0100, Bo Berglund
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>And I think it is the opposite concerning the commitinfo/loginfo scripts. Commitinfo
>is run before the commit is actually done and can block its execution if it finds that
>some aspect of the commit is in error. cvs waits for it to complete. When cvs is done
>committing all changes the loginfo script executes, so this is after the fact really.

Ahh so it is.

The commit_prep and log_accum script works like this:

commit_prep stores the commit directory in a temporary file.
log_accum stores each directory, and when it hits the last directory
(which is always the same as the commit directory) it processes the
entire list of directories at once.