[cvsnt] Re: Anyone knows how to install ViewCVS??

Elliot Murphy elliot.murphy at veritas.com
Wed Dec 25 14:40:33 GMT 2002

I don't think you have to use the ActiveState distribution if you don't want
to.
What you do need are some of the Win32 python extensions. Those extensions
are
available here http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html
and you should be able to install them into your existing python environment
without uninstalling anything.

The reason the ActiveState distribution is recommended is that it happens to
include the Win32all package along with the distribution, so it is slightly
more convenient to use if you don't already have python installed.

-elliot