[Cvsnt] Latest Updates

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Feb 20 00:29:26 GMT 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:16:28 +0000 (UTC), Brian Smith
<brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu> wrote:

>If you just want a list of modules, that is what "cvs ls" (no
>parameters) does in Beta 9.

But it does not report the modules defined in the CVSROOT/modules file
and that was my whole point.
If I issue a cvs ls -R FineFiles command where FineFiles is not a true
directory but a module in the modules file then the contained files
and directories *are* listed.
It is just when I want to get a list of modules that the special
modules don't show up.

Examples:
C:\Sandbox>cvs ls -l
Listing modules on server

BosseTest                       (directory)
CVSMailer                       (directory)
CVSROOT                         (directory)
ModuleXX                        (directory)
ModuleYY                        (directory)

Now I try to list the special module FineFiles:

C:\Sandbox>cvs ls -l FineFiles
Listing module: FineFiles

nissedoc.txt                    2.3     Wed Jan  2 23:50:20 2002
CopyofBosse.txt                 1.2     Wed Dec 12 00:02:01 2001

Note how I can list a module, which from the first listing seems not
to exist...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)