[Cvsnt] Visual Studio .NET for CVS-NT?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Feb 6 06:50:43 GMT 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:08:12 +0000 (UTC), Tony Hoyle
<tmh at nothing-on.tv> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> Via my MSDN subscription I have received the release version of VS7
>> (aka VS.NET) and now I wonder if I should take a dive and install it.
>> I am using VC6 at the moment only for compiling CVSNT and WinCvs.
>> Will there be problems if I switch to VC7??
>> Anyone who has tested it?
>

>We haven't received the release yet (Still on beta 2) but I assume it's
>due some time as we have MSDN Universal (that said we haven't had an
>official release of XP yet either...  MSDN isn't half as reliable as it
>used to be).

Well, I did not actually *receive* the media yet. But if you are a
subscriber you have access to the MSDN subscriber download area at
microsoft and that is how I got hold of the 5 CD:s. Took almost 24
hours using my ADSL connection because the server side dropped back to
a mere 126 kbps after starting out at 600 kbps...
That is also where I got my bootable XP-Pro CD, the distribution CD
that came a while ago bundles a lot of different versions onto one
single DVD and cannot be used for a clean install, which needs to boot
from the CD.

Tomorrow here in Stockholm is the official .NET release party, so I
might be a bit early yet.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)