[Cvsnt] Visual Studio .NET for CVS-NT?

Daniel Lohmann daniel at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Feb 6 00:01:20 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nothing-on.tv>
To: <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 12:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Cvsnt] Visual Studio .NET for CVS-NT?

> [...]
> This fact alone has actually led to a comapany wide decision not to
> adopt VS.NET where I work... I'm not even allowed to install it in case
> it upgrades something and screws up the development tree (We got burned
> with the Access 97/Access 2000 switch which nearly cost us an entire
> release - someone installed Access 2000 and viewed some critical
> databases with it, rendering them unusable).

However, this point seems to be not harmful with VS.NET. All discussions and
answers about "would install VS.NET have any impact on my VS6" were answered
with a clear "No!" so far and on my own system (tried it with Beta2 some
month ago) it works also side by side with  absolutely no problems.

Daniel