[Cvsnt] ntserver

Mark Robinson blobbybirdman at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 13:28:31 GMT 2002

Hi Bo,

"Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote in message
news:B974373707D4D311A33A0008C70D326B76D996 at 3rexchange01.system3r.com...
1. You are getting the error message because you are using the
Admin/Login function in WinCvs1.2 even though you are using :ntserver:
With ntserver you don't need to log in at all, it is already done
when you logged into your NT¤ workstation. ntserver uses this login also
for the CVS work.

ok, great.

2. passwd file
With CVSNT version 1.11.x.x you need a passwd file which was not needed in
1.10.8. It must exist in the CVSROOT directory of all repositories you have.
If you are only using ntserver protocol it needs only contain a list of the
system users who are authorized to also use the CVS service. The user
connecting
on the pipe is validated against this list of valid users and if he existst
here
the process continues. CVSNT then switches clothes and does its work as this
user.
So you myst create the passwd file and place it in CVSROOT. This has to be
done
manually on the server itself.

The passwd file has no extention I assume and just contains a list
of names:
user1
user2
user3
etc
Is this correct? In my case the CVSROOT is:
c:/CVSREPOSITORY and I have created the passwd file inside
the CVSROOT direction it contains.

I still get a pipe 6 error with this passwd file, what mistake am I
still making?

TIA
Blobby