[Cvsnt] email notification

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Feb 20 15:22:53 GMT 2002

Laurent,
I tried to implement the mail system myself using scripting and other tricks
but without much success. This may be caused by our Exchange 5.5 mailserver we use
but I don't know. So in order to make it work I created my own Win32 mailing program
which uses the loginfo and notify script processing but formats and sends the
mail message by itself. I have activated the CVSROOT/users file and added a new
administrative file CVSROOT/loginfousers in order to store the subscribed recipients.
If you like I could supply you with information on how my setup works and also
the mailer program (CVSMailer, as you may have noted in some of my recent postings
concerning the cvs ls command...).
Of course my system only works with cvsnt in a Windows NT environment.

/Bo