[Cvsnt] Use different Author than what I logged in with

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Feb 20 15:25:49 GMT 2002

Assuming you are using CVSNT (which this list is about) how do you connect
to the server? Are you using pserver or ntserver protocols?
If you use pserver then you can change the user by logging in as another
login name if yyou alias this name to a different NT user. But only for
new checkouts, after the checkout is done your username for the created
sandbox will be cached in the CVS directory below the sandbox. This
cached name will be used for all operations on the working file set.

With ntserver you cannot change the login at all. You will be the one
who logged on to the workstation when it was started.

/Bo