[Cvsnt] Installing and Starting Service: Service is in invalid state

Matthias Mohr MMohr at SysDesign-EDV.de
Mon Feb 25 09:10:45 GMT 2002

> >> I have noticed that when I first install CVSNT, if I install the service
> >> and then start it right away (without closing the control panel applet),
> >> the service stays in the "starting" state and never starts. I have to
> >> restart the computer and then restart the service and it works fine.
> >> This is with CVSNT 1.11.1.3 Beta 9, although I noticed it with earlier
> >> versions too.
Maybe I can help....
I also noticed it at the first time I installed the Beta 8.
For me it seems, that it only happens, if there are no repositories defined.
I tried to start the service by hand and it complains of having no repository...

And I could indeed see the described behaviour of the control panel
(and also of the service-page in my win2000)

After adding a repository and then restarting the computer everything
seems to be fine...

with regards,
Matthias