[Cvsnt] does a repository work on network drive? (to be continued...)

Jonathan Keller jhkeller at ucdavis.edu
Mon Feb 25 18:00:29 GMT 2002

I had a similar situation, where my CVS server was not backed up
reliably.  I used the following batch script, launched by Windows AT to
compress and copy the repository to another machine that was backed up.
Unless your repository is really large, this should work.

The zipping utility here is the WinZip command line agent and
cvsdirs.txt is a list of my repository roots.

cd /d F:\
"C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZZIP.exe" -u -ex -Pr cvsexport.zip @cvsdirs.txt
copy cvsexport.zip \\XXX-OTHERMACHINENAME\SHARENAME\Directory\

Hope this is useful.

Peter.Prokesch at wetzer.endress.com wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I have the same problem as "alkee" had with the network drive: I have the cvsnt
>server running on one machine (which is not file-tape-backuped), and I need to use a
>network drive for my repositories. I am not able to bring the cvs-service on this
>file server machine (our sys-admin contradicts), but I could arrange to get an
>additional user as Bo wrote that CVSNT works as a different user (SYSTEM).
>
>I think this problem arises not only in my system, so a solution or at least a
>work-around would be fine.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Peter

Jonathan Keller