[Cvsnt] does a repository work on network drive? (to be continued...)

Sacha Labourey Sacha.Labourey at cogito-info.ch
Mon Feb 25 18:39:39 GMT 2002

Hello,

I don't know if using winzip is a good idea. I've sent some CVS checkout to
some distant developers and we had some problems because some files did
appear as modified in WinCVS but they were not (because they were freshly
unziped).

We saw that winzip suffer from the same problem as the fat filesystem: we
have only 2-seconds-step precision... We had to use tar and gzip (from
cygnus) to resolve this issue.

In fact, when I think about it, I don't know if this a real issue: maybe the
timestamps on the files in the repository are not important and only cause
problem when checkout on the client side.

Cheers,

				Sacha