[Cvsnt] cvs admin -o destroys binary files in repository

Johann.Gail at web.de Johann.Gail at web.de
Thu Feb 28 20:48:34 GMT 2002

(Sorry for sending previous mail in html format)

I use the cvsnt 1.11.1.2 (build40?) on a win2000 machine.

If I use the command cvs admin -o to delete some outdated revisions, then all binary
files in the repository are destroyed.

I looked into the sorcecode and found the reason:
The call for exec_diff() in rcs.c line 6362 never sets the --binary option. In this case the
file is opened as a text file and gets shortened. The output of the diff is unusable.

Where is the right place to send patches to?

Johann Gail