[Cvsnt] "config spec" behavior

Brian G. Smith bgs at thinkshare.com
Tue Jan 22 20:01:25 GMT 2002

Default update '-r' behavior gives only the files and versions with a
specified tag.  If a file in the "sandbox" does not have the tag specfied
with '-r' the file disappears.  Of course, 'update -F ...' will get you the
latest trunk version if the tag doesn't exist, but I'd like to combine two
or more tags.  It seems to me that a reasonable behavior could be had from a
command such as

update -r R1_0 -r bgs_fix <module>
(where R1_0 takes precedence)

or

update -r R1_0 -F Bbgs_fixes <module>
(where the latest on the Bbgs_fixes branch would occur after R1_0 takes
precedence)

Does someone have an alternative method for controlling the sandbox
configuration like this?

bgs