[Cvsnt] Beta 4 (build 45) server doesn't start

Timothy Peierls tim at peierls.net
Wed Jan 23 19:51:32 GMT 2002

Timothy Peierls wrote:
> I just turned off "listen on named pipes" in build 47, and turned _on_
> "listen on tcp/ip port" (why is this off by default?). Everything works
> fine now.

Duh. Please disregard that entire paragraph.

I am still having the same problem, specifically, that
"cvsservice -test" produces:

CVS 1.11.1.3 Beta 5 (Build 47) (Jan 23 2002) starting in test mode.
Adding repository c:/cvs/root
TEMP/TMP currently set to C:\WINNT\Temp
Impersonation is enabled
Error: All socket binds failed.

This is a slightly different message from build 43, as Tony promised,
but the service is not starting. So I'm sadly going back to build 41.

--tim