[Cvsnt] Beta 4 (build 45) server doesn't start

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Jan 23 21:48:36 GMT 2002

Timothy Peierls wrote:

>>I just turned off "listen on named pipes" in build 47, and turned _on_
>>"listen on tcp/ip port" (why is this off by default?). Everything works
>>fine now.
>>

> Duh. Please disregard that entire paragraph.
>
> I am still having the same problem, specifically, that
> "cvsservice -test" produces:
>
> CVS 1.11.1.3 Beta 5 (Build 47) (Jan 23 2002) starting in test mode.
> Adding repository c:/cvs/root
> TEMP/TMP currently set to C:\WINNT\Temp
> Impersonation is enabled
> Error: All socket binds failed.
>
> This is a slightly different message from build 43, as Tony promised,
> but the service is not starting. So I'm sadly going back to build 41.

This means that the server couldn't bind to port 2401.  Going back to
build 41 won't help here... you have to find out what is on port 2401
and remove/stop it.

"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh at nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv