[Cvsnt] No pserver-login

Thomas Lippold privat at thomas-web.de
Tue Jan 29 19:40:36 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've got the following problem:
I installed the CVSNT-1.11.1.2 (Build 41) (NT4Server,SP6),
created h:\cvs as  new root directory for cvs, set up the
HOME environment variable for the SYSTEM account to h:\cvs
and located the c:\temp directory in the CVS Service panel
as temp directory.
Then I added the passwd file to the h:\cvs\CVSROOT directory
with some usernames and passwords, changed the config file
for SystemAuth=no, restarted the server and tried to get a
connection.
The result:
"
Logging in to :pserver:thomas at serverIP:2401h:\cvs
CVS password: ******
cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server serverIP: Connection
reset by peer
"
changing the path h:\cvs to h:\\cvs or h:/cvs made no
change.

Has anyone an idea what went wrong?

Best regards

Thomas Lippold