[Cvsnt] Using pserver and the effect of cvs logoff

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Mon Jul 1 21:57:02 BST 2002

Intern Andrew Schaefer wrote:
> There are other reasons to change them.  For instance, today I had some
> modules on a network share that some developers were editing.

Don't share your sandboxes!  Each user can and should have their own sandbox on
their own machine; you are just asking for trouble by having more than one
person accessing the same files.  There is really no reason not to have each
user check out their own files and update them as themselves.  If the entire
module is too large for each user to check out, it is always possible to check
out individual directories or even files.

John