[Cvsnt] WinCVS 1.3.7.1 and 1.3.8.1 both leave a hanging DOS prompt when u

Dave Mello DMello at arrayinc.com
Mon Jul 8 18:18:16 BST 2002

Hello.  From my PC, I can successfully communicate over ssh to both a CVSNT
(1.11.1.3 build 57f) server running on W2K SP2 with Cygwin ssh, and to a
standard CVS (1.11.1p1) server running on OpenBSD 3.0 with the included
openssh.  More specifically, it works well when my PC is running WinCVS
1.3.6.1.  (FYI: my PC is running W2K SP2 and the latest Cygwin ssh.)

When I try the same commands (checkout and update) with either the WinCVS
1.3.7 or 1.3.8 clients, to either server using the correct CVSROOT value,
the commands appear to complete successfully, but the fish keep swimming and
a minimized DOS prompt hangs around until I close it.  I've tried forcing
ssh to use protocol 1 and other settings, but these results remain constant.
The DOS process is "C:\Program Files\GNU\WinCVS 1.3\cvs.exe".

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?  Do you have any suggestions on what
changed after WinCVS 1.3.6 or how to fix it?

By the way, there were more problems when connecting to CVSNT 1.11.1.3 build
57a, but build 57f is *much* better (as long as we use WinCVS 1.3.6!)  So
thanks to all of you who have contributed to the code, testing and
documentation.  And keep up the good work!!!

Regards,
Dave