[Cvsnt] Problems with the setup program

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Fri Jul 12 22:26:52 BST 2002

Hi all, I have some trouble with the setup program - the notorious
InstallShield 6 error "Interface not supported". The InstallShield support
guys told me to reinstall Windows, but it's running smoothly for over a
year and a half, and I don't feel like going through the hassle of
reinstalling Windows and all the programs, etc. just for one single
misbehaving piece of cr^H^Hsoftware

Now, before I launch myself in a rant on how should setup programs be
fault-safe, how third-party setup products shouldn't be even considered
since Microsoft first put out their Installer, etc etc etc., can someone
give me a simple zip with all the executables, help and stuff, and a simple
readme that explains how to install by hand? (I know how to install NT
services, command line apps and control panel applets, so I mean more like
a "blah.exe is the service, doh.exe is the command, ..." than a detailed
step-by-step guide)

Thanks in advance