[Cvsnt] problem with encryption, SSH, and CVSNT

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Tue Jun 4 16:12:31 BST 2002

On Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:12:35 +0100, Charles Strauss wrote:

    CVSNT as the server and WinCVS using the SSPI protocol with
>    encryption
> works like a charm - except that any member of the domain seems to be
> able to access the repository.  I have suggested that we should just
> form our own domain, but none of my body of users agrees with that -
> they have all kinds of stuff that is made available via their current
> domain and hate the idea of having to log off and on just to get at the
> code in our repository.

What you can do is set SystemAuth=No in the config, then list the users
who can access the repository in the passwd file - in this mode the
passwd file is not used to verify passwords (already done by NT) but
to limit the users that can access the repository.

Another way is to set the file permissions on the repository - which is
the way most people do it - like Bo suggested.