[Cvsnt] cvs edit command crashes

demoord at awe.be demoord at awe.be
Mon Jun 10 13:04:29 BST 2002

Hello,

I installed CVSNT on a windows 2000 PC (FAT32). I was able to setup the service
and the repository. I could create modules and add files.
Some other settings of my configuration:
I'm using pserver. I created a user dries so if I log on to the company
domain with my account I can login to cvs with this account.

I login with my account to cvs. Everything OK. When I want to check out a file
cvs edit build.xml I get a windows popup: CVS.exe has generated errors and will
be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program.

The strange thing is that if I logon as an administrator to my pc (local) I can
perfom this cvs command without any problem.
I even tried it with ntserver but it gives the same problem.
Something else that might be important is that I also installed WinCVS 1.3 beta.
But the cvs command I use is the one from cvsnt and not from wincvs.

Another issue I ran into is the following.
I log in as administrator local on my pc. I add an account to the cvsserver
which has the same name like my account on the domain. I do this with
cvs passwd -a <username>
I'm able to set the password but at the end I get the following warning:
cvs user <username> will not be able to log in until they are aliased to a
valid system user.

Does this mean that I have to use the cvs passwd -r <alias> -a <user>?
And why didn't I get this message when I created the cvs account dries?

I hope somebody can help me because cvs is for free but if I keep having
problems with it we will have to look for a commercial product.

With kind regards,

Dries