[Cvsnt] Windows 2K Crash

Thomas Jackson III Thomas.Jackson at microfocus.com
Fri Jun 14 12:44:14 BST 2002

All,

We found a solution to this yesterday.  It turns out that the problem(at
least mine) goes away when you mark the service as having the ability to
Interact with the Desktop.  It is a checkbox under the use Local System
Account on the Log On tab in the service properties.  Once we did this, the
problem went away.  It is probably an API call is being made that lives in a
DLL which was under the "Desktop" umbrella.  The problem doesn't seem happen
on XP Professional, but it did on every Win2K box I tried.  On note, these
Win2K Machines were also running Service Pack 2 which may be where the
problem was introduced.  It is not unheard of for Microsoft to move things
around in a service pack.

Hope this helps everyone, because it sure did us.

Thanks
Thomas