[Cvsnt] Another auth issue

Gleske, Paul 6151 DUR HWS Paul.Gleske at us.heidelberg.com
Tue Jun 18 23:18:23 BST 2002

I "upgraded" my server from 57e to 57f by uninstalling and then installing.  I ran the control panel applet and added the old repository and set the temp directory.

Now I am getting an error with the cvs version command:

	C:\>cvs -t version
	 -> main loop with CVSROOT=:ntserver:pcpcsvr1:/Prodpc
	Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57f) (client/server)
	Server: cvs [version aborted]: unrecognized auth response from pcpcsvr1: cvs server: E cannot open C:/cvsrep/Prodpc/CVSROOT/config: Permission denied

This seems to now be related the NTFS permission that I was trying to configure.  I have to allow Everyone on the CVSROOT directory to get in.  The group for the user already has permission on the directory, and I have even given permission to the user directly.  I think that cvs is not doing the login correctly.

Any ideas?

FWIW, I found that setting up CVSNT was very easy.  I have spent 2 days since playing around with NTFS file permissions however.  This is getting frustrating.

-pkg

Paul K Gleske

HEIDELBERG
121 Technology Dr