[Cvsnt] Checkout hangs

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Jun 19 14:49:34 BST 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 03:46:47 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew"
<stebakov at sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I already posted that one of my co-workers can't work with CVS nt server
>(using sspi) because his checkout/update always hangs. Sometimes it manages
>to get one file, but mostly hangs having retrieved some of the empty
>directories. Someone here responed me with suggestion that I should run
>cvs -t checkout, 'cause it gives more details. Here is the dump of what he
>gets using this option:
>-> unlink(CVS/Tag)
>-> unlink(CVS/Entries.Static)
>S-> server_register(CVSTest2.cpp, 1.1.1.1, , , , , )
>S-> Register(CVSTest2.cpp, 1.1.1.1,

If it's really stopping there it's stopping right in the middle of a
printf statement - there's no reason at all for that kind of thing to
happen AFAIK.  The rest of the trace looks normal.

If it's only happening on one machine it sounds like hardware.  Have
you tried swapping the network card, hub etc.?  I've seen similar odd
things happen with a dodgy hub once.