[Cvsnt] Permission denied using impersonation

Juergen.Miebach at Dev.Helaba.de Juergen.Miebach at Dev.Helaba.de
Thu Jun 20 22:13:19 BST 2002

Hallo,
we (want to) use cvsnt (downoaded cvsnt_1.11.1.3.exe,  build 57d, yes with
the Dr. Watson trying "cvs login") on NT4 Server with NTFS.
The server is a member of a server domain, our users are well classified in
a user domain.

We have configured the following for an easy administration (Repository on
d:\cvs):
We have two local Groups: CVSAdmin and CVSUser. Group CVS contains some of
our domaingroups.
The group CVSUser has change permission on directories d:\cvs and
d:\csv\CVSROOT.

If I use Impersonation and want checkin/checkout
1. it works using an server local user
2. I receive "Permission denied on d:\cvs\CVSROOT" with an domain user (as
member in group CVSUser)
Without Impersonation is works for domain users also (,ok system is using)

trying:
1. ACL full control for CVS group
2. add user via "cvs passwd .."
3. Checkbox "use local users instead of domain" enabled and disabled
don't help's.

There is possible to use domain groups in local groups? If I right remember=
,
IBM's WAS can't handle this also for security.

=09Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen

=09Dr. J=FCrgen Miebach

=09_____________________________________
=09J=FCrgen Miebach

=09H E L A B A
=09Landesbank Hessen-Th=FCringen Girozentrale
=09557300 Architektur
=09Tel.: +49 (0) 69 / 91 32-48 59
=09e-mail:=09juergen.miebach at helaba.de
=09=09juergen.miebach at dev.helaba.de