[Cvsnt] Can't see repository in WinCVS 1.3

Durante, Elsa elsa_durante at hp.com
Fri May 3 03:13:19 BST 2002

Hi Bo!

Thanks again for the information. This helps tremendously!!! And its good to
hear that in the future projects may be browsable in WinCVS.

(1) Modules pane - i see the modules and their status (whether checkout or
not, and that's it) in the Modules pane. The check on top of the folder
indicates its checked out. Then I switch to the Explore pane and see the
actual files copied to my local drive. Now I understand this.

(2) I was unable to delete C:\ in the combo box but after entering the path
to the repository (C:\Cvs if running WinCVS and CVSNT on same machine or if
I run WinCVS on another machine, I must give the mapped path T:\Cvs), I am
able to see the modules, and only the modules, and not everything on the
hard drive which is less confusing.

(3) In Explorer, all the files are marked with a crossed out pencil. I then
highlight a file, click on the pencil button (Edit Selection) which makes it
Read/Write. I can then edit the file and save it and commit changes.

If our group decide to use CVS, I will write an idiots guide to CVSWin and
post it to the web because the Help files for the application are seriously
lacking. :)

Thanks again for your help!
-Elsa