[Cvsnt] Can't start CVS NT Service from panel

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Mon May 6 15:48:45 BST 2002

Bo Berglund wrote:
> This is a bad idea because the server loses his tight control of the
> files he is managing. The end result might be repository corruption,
> something that AFAIK never happens on local repositories with CVS.

I'll let you know in a month or so; we are installing NAS's at our main sites
(including one dedicated to the DMZ network! YEAH!), so I will be playing with
exactly what it takes to run a remote repository.  I have been assured that
their NFS implementation (written by some of the people who invented it) is
robust enough to support anything I can through at it.  And I intend to throw
quite a lot at it... ;~)

John

--
John Peacock